Infant and Young Child Feeding Recommendations when COVID-19 is Suspected or Confirmed
This package on Infant and Young Child Feeding Recommendations when COVID-19 is Suspected or Confirmed from UNICEF and USAID includes 10 Counselling Cards and a Recommended Practices Booklet, reflecting global guidelines. It provides easy-to-understand recommended practices for counsellors and user-friendly graphics that can be used with communities in different situations. The links to the materials are listed below.
To learn how to adapt these materials, or to create your own materials for your IYCF and COVID-19 programme, email [email protected].
Recommended Practices Booklet April 2020
Counselling cards (as jpgs):
- Counselling card package
- Cover Card
- Actions needed to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Take precautions during delivery and rooming-in
- Take precautions when breastfeeding, day and night
- Wash hands with soap to prevent spread of COVID-19
- Wash hands for 20 seconds following these steps
- Practice food safety and prepare clean water
- Practice safe complementary feeding
- When to seek advice from the health facility
- How to hand express breast milk and cup feed