News: SSMJ is now on the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
The South Sudan Medical Journal is proud to announce that, as of January 3rd 2018, it is now listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ). SSMJ joins 10,770 other journals and publications from all fields and disciplines creating almost 3 million articles from 122 countries. This is a unique opportunity which will increase the visibility, impact, distribution and usage of the contents of the SSMJ. You can view SSMJ articles listed in DOAJ here.
By listing our individual articles on the DOAJ data base, SSMJ will benefit in many ways:
- DOAJ statistics show more than 900,000 page views and 300,000 unique visitors a month to the site from all over the world.
- Many aggregators, databases, libraries, publishers and search portals collect our free metadata and include it in their products. Examples are Scopus, Serial Solutions and EBSCO.
- DOAJ is OAI compliant and once an article is in DOAJ, it is automatically harvestable.
- DOAJ is Open URL compliant and once an article is in DOAJ, it is automatically linkable.
- Over 95% of the DOAJ Publisher community said that DOAJ is important for increasing their journal's visibility
- DOAJ is often cited as a source of quality, open access journals in research and scholarly publishing circles.