Medical Training Initiative (MTI) interviews for South Sudanese candidates
The Global Team at the Royal College of Physicians in London would like to host a half-day of virtual interviews for MTI applicants from South Sudan on 20th September, 10:00 – 13:00 South Sudan time (09:00-12:00 GMT). The timings mean that Team will be able to interview 4 candidates only. As this is a fairly small number of candidates, they can open applications for up for 1 week.
The virtual application form will be open from Friday 27 August 2021 – any applications received before this date may be missed by the shortlisting team.
The reason the Global Team cannot interview more doctors at the moment is because there are already a lot of MTI applicants from other parts of the world on the college database.
Please study the eligibility criteria below, and if you have any further enquiries, call the Department using the telephone contact at the bottom of this notice.
All candidates need to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a primary medical qualification - recognised by the GMC and verified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Have a postgraduate qualification.
- Have 3 years post-qualification experience, including 1 year's internship and at least 1 year in the speciality in which you intend to train while in the UK.
- Been engaged in medical practice for 3 out of the last 5 years including the 12 months prior to GMC registration being granted. There should be no gaps in employment during the 12 months. You must remain in medical practice throughout the application process. Please note that the GMC does not consider clinical observerships as clinical practice.
- Skills and competencies - you must possess the skills, competencies and understanding of medicine at least equivalent to a UK graduate at the end of their CMT.
- Have passed the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with overall scores of 7.5 and 7.0 in all categories OR the Occupational English Test (OET). The tests are valid for two years and your scores must have been obtained in the same sitting.
For MTI enquiries please call 020 3075 1631. Monday – Thursday 11.00 – 15.00 GMT. Friday – 10.00 – 14.00 GMT.